How to Install the Instant Back+
01 Remove your Diana F+'s Rear Door and take out the 120 film plate on the bottom of the camera – it's the plastic strip that holds the film roll and take-up spool in place. Remove the take-up spool, too.
02 Install the Correction Lens by clicking it into place right behind the camera's shutter, with the lens facing forward. To remove this later, pinch its two plastic "ears" and pull it out.
03 Fit the Back onto the rear of your Diana F+. Lock it into place using the same lock switch that you use to lock the regular Diana F+ door.
04 Now you're one step away from making your first shot! Press the film ejection button to eject the protective dark slide inside the film pack.
Remember: removing the Back will expose the film, so you have to finish the entire Instax film pack before you remove the Back!
Loading the film
01 Open the Rear Door and place a fresh Instax pack into place.
02 Make sure that the built-in darkslide which says "Do Not Press Here" is facing the lens.
03 If you see a yellow mark in the lower right corner, it means that it's installed properly.
- Check to see if the Power Switch is set to "On"
- Shoot your Diana F+ as usual, with all of your focus, aperture, and shutter settings in place.
- After shooting your image, press the Film Push Switch ONCE. The film will slowly eject.
- You’ll notice that the Film Counter will go down by one. This means you’re ready to shoot again!
- Before removing the Back, make sure that you’ve finished the entire pack of Instax film.
- Turn the Power Switch to OFF to save batteries.
- Remove the Correction Lens and keep it in a safe place. Remove the batteries to keep them fresh.
- Again, make sure that the Power Switch is turned OFF; otherwise the film may accidentally eject if you place the camera into a bag.
Note: Fujifilm Instax Mini is 800 ISO – after installing the correction lens, the exposure value will drop to 1 stop. This means that you should treat the film as 400 ISO when shooting.