The Lomography Smartphone Holder
With the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder, you can easily digitalize your LomoKino movies directly from the LomoKinoScope. Just attach your smartphone and the LomoKinoScope (sold separately) to the Smart Phone Viewer; then start the movie recording function on your smartphone and turn the LomoKinoScope hand-crank - As you turn the crank, your movie will be recorded. It’s a really easy way to digitalize your movies!
The Smartphone Scanner is designed to scan all types of 35mm films – including panoramic photos. It’s light and portable allowing you to scan your movies even when you’re on the move! The ultimate tool for any LomoKino director.
How to use the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder
- To attach the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder to the LomoKinoScope, remove the rubber hood of your LomoKinoScope by pulling it out (you may need to use a little force to get it off).
- Flip out and hold the Fixture Plate of the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder.
- Fit the LomoKinoScope lens into the opening of LomoKino Smart Phone Holder, and push it all the way down.
- To maximize compatibility, place the included foam Compatibility Adapter Ring onto the Smart Phone Holder
- Push the Clamp Release Button; the clamp will be extended to its maximum width.
- Put your smartphone in between the clamp and face your smartphone’s camera towards the LomoKinoScope lens.
- Adjust the clamp until you smartphone is firmly attached to the LomoKino Smart Phone Holder.
- Switch your smartphone to "movie recording mode".
- To align your smartphone camera lens and the LomoKinoScope’s lens, shift the Clamp Base vertically and your phone horizontally. Once they are aligned you should be able to see the frame centered on your smartphone’s screen.
- Simply start recording a movie on your smartphone and turn the crank of LomoKinoScope. Your movie is now being digitalized!
- To release your phone after you’ve finished recording, just press the Clamp Release Button.
Will the Smart Phone Holder work with my Smartphone?
The Smart Phone Holder has been successfully tested with a wide range of smartphones including all models of iPhones, Samsung Galaxy Range, HTC and Sony Ray. Moreover it is designed to be compatible with phones that have a camera placed on the upper side or corner of the device.:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4s
- Phone 4
- Samsung Galaxy SII
- Sony Ray
Moreover, we are confident that the product should work with all smartphones which have the camera in the upper side / corner of the device.