Grand Prize Winner of the Lubitel Lover’s Rumble
I love donuts, pie, pancakes, and coffee.
1. How long have you been a Lomographer? How did you get into it?
I've been a member of the Lomography website since January of 07. I signed up after I picked up a copy of the Holga Life Through a Plastic Lens book and that pointed me towards the website and online community.
2. What do you most love about the Lubitel?
Its sex appeal.
3. Describe the Lubitel in five words.
It is a plastic box
4. The strangest, funniest, or hands-down greatest photographic/Lomographic encounter that you have ever had.
I was in Brazil and as I was walking down the street, a random kid came up the street in a cardboard box. The box covered most of his body so all that could be seen were his calves and feet as they pattered down the road. I stopped and watched as he walked in a perfect line down the road and turned down another road as if this were something that he did on a regular basis. Why he did this, I don't know. How I don't know either, there were no holes in the box to see out of. Of course I took a photo.
5. If your photos shown here could have a soundtrack of three songs, what would they be (song title & artist please).
Do you Realize, the Flaming Lips
Ride into the Sun, Lou Reed
The Best Day Ever, Spongebob Squarepants
6. What kind of person is most likely to be a Lubitel Lover?
Tell us all about them.
You're on the website, so........
7. If you could be anywhere, doing anything, right now – where would it be and what would you do?
Eating pie and drinking coffee, on the surface of the moon.
8. How can the Lubitel change your approach to photography – or life in general?
You have to look down into the camera to see what you're photographing, which causes you to look at everything differently and thus you get a fresh outlook on life. Plus left is right and right is left. Apply this to you're outlook and life and you'll magically be transported to a different place, fascinating.
9. What is the best frame of mind for excellent Lubitel shots?
What should your attitude be?
Drunk and disorderly. This applies to both questions.
10. If you could give a Lubitel to anyone in the world (as a gift), who would it be?
11. Where did you buy your Lubitel? Which model do you own (or do you own several?)
I purchased my Lubitel 166B from a nice gentleman in Canada from a store I like to call Ebay.
12. Your advice to future Lubitel shooters.
If you are going on an adventure, you'd be wise to pack a snack.