Sawaddee krab! Just call me 'ko'. I'm a full-time Lomographer who is addicted to imperfect cameras and pictures. I live in one of the hottest and busiest cities, enriched with delicious foods that you would fall in love with. Yeah... I'm from Bangkok, Thailand, the land of smiles!
1. How did you get into Lomography?
Since 2000. I once saw an irresistible, weird-colored picture from a Thai website. I learned that it was the result of the LC-A camera. After searching for more info, the first LC-A flew into my hands and turned to be my trustworthy friend until now. This pal also introduced me to his friends, and everyday I have with me at least 2 cameras everywhere I go.
2. How intimate are you to your Lubitel? Is it your “soul camera”?
Of course! I personally love 1:1 format. Previously I’ve got the Lubitel166B. I like its’ simple look, and it’s not as complicated as other professional TLRs. Looking through the viewfinder from the top makes me feel like I'm entering a private room, specially for me. However, it's so difficult to focus so I don't use it frequently. Now that I met the newly developed Lubitel166+, it has become my another daily companion, besides LC-A.
3. The most absurd Lubitel moment that you have had so far?
- When I take it outside, older people -- when I said old, I mean old old OLD -- often approach me and talk about their good old days with this kind of camera. Some even want to buy it from me ... Oh NO~
4. Which Lubitel film format do you prefer, 35mm, square, rectangular or panoramic?
- Only square! I've tried every format but square is what overwhelmed me.
5. What qualities does the Lubitel look for in a Lomographer?
You must be able to distinguish the left from the right because you'll feel as if you're in a parallel world ,-P It might be a bit confusing at first but, to tell you the truth, right now I'm so bewildered when use other normal view cameras. Besides, you must love to be squared and passionate to the waist-level viewfinder, self-adjust lomography, and experimentation.
6. Which 3 songs are best soothed for Lubitel Lomography? (artist & song name please)
Across The Universe : The Beatle,
Yellow : Coldplay,
and (Things Never Been Said) : Modern Dog (Thai song).
I don't know if these match, I just love 'em.
7. If you could take your Lubitel anywhere in the world to any year that you could, where would you Lomograph?
- Pyramid and Sphinx in Egypt. I'd love to ride a camel through sand with the Lubitel swaying around my neck, LC-A in my right hand, and Horizon in my left. Am I too greedy?
8. Your advice to future Lubitel Lovers?
Don't hesitate! You can start right away and you'll definitely love it.
9. If you were the Lubitel Cupid, who would your arrows hit?
To every bone-headed politician in Thailand. Even if I run out of the arrows, I would instead throw my cameras at them ,-P