Hi, my name is Marigel (aka Makny). I'm from Mexico and ever since i was a little girl I’ve loved photography (I think it’s something in my genes). 4 years ago I moved to Madrid to study a professional course in Analogue Photography. I bought my first Lomography camera (the Colorsplash) for my graduation, and since then I have been using all the Lomo cameras.
1. What do you love most about your Lubitel 166+?
My first Lubitel was a Lubitel 166B and I love it, but the first time I looked through the Viewfinder of the Lubitel 166+ I fell in love with this new model. And the option to use the Lubikin (the Lubitel’s 35mm conversion kit) is just great, even though I confess I prefer the medium format. The best thing about the Lubitel is that it is a TLR, you have a Lomo Lens and it’s really easy to use.
2. Sum up the camera in 5 words.
Medium-format, soul-camera, lomographic, shoot and rewind.
3. Any tips for people new to the Lubitel?
Start with the easy, medium format, high speed film and a sunny day and most importantly have fun and enjoy your camera. If you have a light meter use it!! It's really helpful.
4. If you could take your Lubitel anywhere in the World, where would it be?
On my next vacation I'm going to Mexico and I want to go to Xilitla (The pools) which is a garden that has waterfalls and pools interlaced with towering surrealist sculptures made of concrete... It's an amazing place and I know my Lubitel will love it.
5. If you could give a Lubitel to anyone in the World (as a gift), who would it be?
To my brother. He’s an architect and an artist and I know he would do a really good job with the Lubi.
6. What’s your favourite film format to shoot in with the Lubitel?
7. How can a Lubitel change your approach to photography or life in general?
With the Lubitel you really get to shoot from the hip.
8. If you had to describe your feelings towards your Lubitel with a song lyric, what lyric would you choose?
'Do You Believe in Magik' by The Lovin' Spoonful.
9. Tell us something random
I don't like rainy days...