I'm a 27 year old lomographer from the middle of nowhere, a small city near Hannover, Germany. I like lomo, cooking, reading and music. I collect shoes and cameras...
1. How long have you been a Lomographer? How did you get into it?
I built up my Lomohome in August 2005 and have been infected with the lomo-virus ever since. Before that time I only thought, “that would be a nice picture” but hardly had a camera with me.
2. What do you most love about the Lubitel?
I love that you can use it in every condition, because it has so many settings. I like the square format, too. And I enjoy people’s looks when they see that camera. How often have I heard a “what is THAT?!” and people stared at me with my camera.
3. Describe the Lubitel in five words.
One metal body, two lenses!
4. The strangest, funniest, or hands-down greatest photographic/Lomographic encounter that you have ever had.
The Lomo World Congress 2007 in London. It is always good to see other people are as crazy as us (or even more).
5. If your photos shown here could have a soundtrack of three songs, what would they be (song title & artist please).
Asking me to choose only three song titles …. Puh…
“Because,” The Beatles
“Photograph” out of the German film “Bandits
“Silence is golden” the Tremoloes (please don’t ask me why this came to my mind)
6. What kind of person is most likely to be a Lubitel Lover?
Tell us all about them.
The Lubitel is something special. You must have experience with light, settings and as newbie it might be difficult to get what you expected. You need money. 120 films are expensive. You need passion.
7. If you could be anywhere, doing anything, right now – where would it be and what would you do?
I’d be here (cause I really like being here) and I’d earn my money with photography.
8. How can the Lubitel change your approach to photography – or life in general?
She is somehow silent (maybe that’s why I have chosen that song) and takes her time.
9. What is the best frame of mind for excellent Lubitel shots?
What should your attitude be?
Whait for the special feeling that says NOW and shoot.
10. If you could give a Lubitel to anyone in the world (as a gift), who would it be?
My first thought is my friend Melanie, but she already has one. Next thought is Sebastian, because he desperately wants one, third thought: me, cause I want the other models, too.
11. Where did you buy your Lubitel? Which model do you own (or do you own several?)
I own a lubitel166b and i got it via Ebay from the Ukraine. And I found a Lubitel 166b on a flea market. I had such a feeling to go there, although it was damn hot (one old man even died that day there) and what did I find? The 166b with a small leather bag.
12. Your advice to future Lubitel shooters.
Look through it and try to get it sharp without looking at the meters/ numbers that are written on the ring. They are never correct.