1. What do you love most about your Lubitel 166+?
The Lubitel 166+ is not a snap-shot camera, she needs time and care to take great shots. She is like a beautiful lady with all that means. I think that is what I love the most of my Lubitel.
2. Sum up the camera in 5 words.
Brilliant, eye-catching, loyal, mechanical, black.
3. Any tips for people new to the Lubitel?
Just hold on tight to your camera, take a deep breath and read the back of your brand new Lubitel 166+. It´s all there and it`s all simple.
4. If you could take your Lubitel anywhere in the World, where would it be?
I would take her with me everywhere. But I would like to go to Rapa Nui (Easter Island) - It’s one of the most beautiful places on earth, and lucky me, it's in Chile.
5. What qualities does the Lubitel look for in a Lomographer?
There are too many:
One: You must have a neck to hang your Lubitel from.
Two: One or two fingers to set the right speed and aperture.
Three: A nice pair of eyes should work fine.
Four: Ears to hear that beautiful click that comes when you shoot.
And Five: A lot of place on your walls to hang all your great pictures.
6. If you could give a Lubitel to anyone in the World (as a gift), who would it be?
Sheldon Cooper from The Big bang Theory (I would really like to see what comes out of that pairing)
7. What’s your favourite film format to shoot in with the Lubitel?
I love square photos. So 120 is the format for me. I have tried 35 mm. It’s great too but I really love 120.
8. How can a Lubitel change your approach to photography or life in general?
When you get a Lubitel you must change your mind set from snapshot to… I don´t know what to call it. But maybe you can say thinkshot. It´s like "think before you talk and don't talk without thinking first".
9. If were to sum up your feelings towards your Lubitel with a song, what song would you choose and why?
I would choose "Voyager of Vessels" by Vapourboat. (myspace.com/vapourboat). I really don´t know why but when I hear that song a lot of images come into my head and I would like to shoot them all. It´s like some old but new feeling. I think that my Grandfather could've danced to this song holding my Grandmother really tight. And I think that my Grandfather could've used my Lubitel just like I have, in his youth.
10. What’s the strangest photographic encounter you’ve ever had?
This could sound really clichéd but the first time I saw my daughter Julieta was from behind a camera, and it was the most incredible photographic encounter of my life. I was in the labor/delivery room with my wife and my LCA+, and suddenly she showed up. She was shining in her mother's chest, and then I took the most beautiful shot I will ever take. I know that this encounter isn´t really strange, but it's the only one that will stay with me forever.