- Square and rectangular half-frame formats at the flick of a switch
- Takes all types of 35mm film
- Shoots up to 72 shots per film on half-frame mode
- Shoots up to 36 shots per film on square mode
- Requires standard 35mm film development
- Ultra-compact and pocket-sized
- Multiple exposure functionality
- ‘B’ mode for long exposures
- Cable release attachment – a Diana first!
- Sunny and cloudy exposure settings
- Tripod mount
- Diana Flash Plug (Diana Flash available separately)
- Overlap frames across photos for endless abstract panoramas
- Compatible with the stunning Diana Flash
The Diana Mini's half-frame feature is both a fantastic creative story-telling tool as well as a financial savior! A single roll of 35mm film will give you an incredible 72 shots! Half-frame cameras take normal 35mm film but produce twice as many shots as standard 35mm cameras. We decided that this format was long-overdue a rebirth and what better way to bring it back than in the shape of the Diana Mini!
When you take your film to the lab there is absolutely no difference to the processing technique and cost. The only difference is when you get your photos back you will have two pictures on one print. Twice as many shots for the same price!
One of the Iconic features of the Diana F+ is its square format. We couldn't just brush this aside with the Diana Mini — it would be like making a plane without wings! So we added a simple switch, which allows you to change from rectangular half-frame mode to square format in a snap. In square mode, you can shoot 36 frames like a standard 35mm film.
Swap Between Half-Frame and Square Format?
There is the possibility to swap between half-frame and square format on the same film. The results can be fantastic, but don’t be surprised if you become public enemy no.1 at your local developers! Swapping formats confuses the developing machines and the developers! If you are up for the challenge, the best thing to do is to develop the negative at home and then either scan or produce the prints yourself.