The New Jupiter 3+ Art Lens is equipped with an L39 screw mount and comes with an M mount adapter, making it compatible with all Leica L39 and M mount range-finder and mirrorless digital cameras. Additionally, you can pair the lens with many other mirrorless digital cameras using adapters which can be purchased separately.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture: f/1.5 - f/22
- Lens Mount: L39, includes Leica M-mount adapter
- M-mount Adapter Frame Line Triggering: 50mm frame line
- Rangefinder Coupling: Yes
- Minimum image circle: 44mm
- Field of view: 46 degrees
- Flange distance: 28.8mm (L39 mount) 27.8mm (M mount)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.7m
- Filter Thread Requirement: 40.5mm
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 3 groups
Crop factor is the ratio of a digital camera’s sensor to a 35mm film camera. A full-frame digital SLR refers to a camera whose sensor size is roughly equivalent to a 35mm film frame (24mm x 36mm). A camera with a smaller sensor captures only a portion of the image that a full frame sensor would, due to the fact that the small sensor magnifies the angle of view.
If you multiply a lens' focal length by the camera's crop factor, you get the "equivalent focal length", which is the focal length needed to produce the same angle of view on a 35mm camera. You will get different photos depending on the camera you use and its sensor size.
Sensor sizes vary by manufacturer but in general there are four standard crop factors:
|Type of crop sensor||Cameras that use this crop sensor||Crop factor||Equivalent Focal Length with the New Jupiter 3+ 1.5/50 L39/M|
|APS-C or Nikon DX||Fujifilm X, Sony E, Ricoh GXR, Canon EOS-M||1.5/1.6||75mm / 80mm|
|Micro 4/3||Olympus PEN and Panasonic Lumix families||2.0||100mm|