So what makes the Lomo’Instant Wide so special? For starters, it offers more creative freedom than any other instant wide camera on the market — flash on or off in any mode, a PC Sync socket for connecting external flashes or softbox kits, a Remote Control Lens Cap which can control the shutter and a Fully Programmatic Shutter which allows you to capture perfectly exposed shots whether you’re shooting in ambient light or using the flash. Not to mention it, it has an unrivalled focusing distance — get as close as 0.6m with the built-in 90mm lens or 10 centimeters using the Close-Up lens attachment! Add to that manual and fully automatic shooting modes, unlimited long and multiple exposures, color-flashed and splitzed exposures and you end up with the world’s most creative instant wide camera and lens system — the Lomo’Instant Wide!
- Film Format: Fujifilm Instax Wide Film
- Exposure Area: 62mm x 99mm
- Lens Focal Length: 90mm (35mm equivalent)
- Auto exposure type: Programmed Automatic
- Aperture: f/8, f/22
- Shutter Speed range: Bulb (Bulb Mode), 8s-1/250s(Auto Shooting Mode), 1/30 (Fixed Shutter Speed Mode)
- Exposure Compensation: +1/-1 Exposure Values (Ambient)
- Ejection Mechanism: Motorized
- Multiple Exposures: Yes
- Built-in Flash Guide Number: 13 (m)
- Built-in Flash: Automatic Electronic Flash & Flash Off Mode
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.6m (0.1m with the Close-Up Lens)
- Zone Focusing Setting: 0.6m / 1-2m / infinite
- Tripod Mount: Yes
- Remote control transmission: Infrared
- Remote Control Range: In sunshine: 1-2m, Indoors: 5m
- Battery Supply: 4 x AA batteries (4 x 1.5V)
- Remote Control Battery Supply: 1 x 2025 battery (3V)
- Filter Thread: 49mm
Getting to Know Your Lomo’Instant Wide
Step 1: Loading the Film
- Open the Camera Back Door by pressing down the Back Door Lock
- Install a fresh pack of Fujifilm Instax Wide film into the Film Chamber. Make sure that the Yellow Mark inside the Film Chamber matches the yellow mark on the film pack.
- Close the Camera Back Door.
- Switch on the camera.
- Press the Shutter Release Button once to eject the dark slide of your new film pack. Make sure that the Film Ejection Slot is not blocked when the dark slide is coming out.
Step 2: Select Your Preferred Mode
The Lomo’Instant Wide has three different shooting modes depending on your shooting wishes. You can easily select your shooting mode by moving the Shooting Mode Switch. Additionally, you can choose between having the flash on or off in any mode.
- Auto Shooting Mode (A): This is the perfect go-to mode for every situation in all hours of the day and night! Regardless of what amazing activity you’re up to, you’ll get perfectly exposed photos thanks to the fully automatic shutter. Plus, you can choose if you want the flash to fire or not.
- Bulb Mode (B): Looking to get incredible and surreal scenes on your Lomo’Instant Wide instant shots? Then switch to Bulb Mode and start experimenting with streaks of light! Since the shutter stays open for as long as you hold down the Shutter Release Button, you can capture urban nightscapes and light painting snapshots easier than ever before. And with the ability to choose between shooting with the flash on or off, it’s perfect for capturing flash-filled snapshots or ambiently lit indoor scenes!
- Fixed Shutter Speed Mode (1/30): Yet another example of the creative freedom offered by the Lomo’Instant Wide, the Fixed Shutter Speed Mode has a fixed aperture of f/8. It’s ideal for studio shoots, especially when combined with external flashes.
Step 3: Take Your Photo
- When your film is properly installed and you have selected your shooting mode, you are ready to shoot.
- Determine your subject’s distance and select the suitable Zone Focus Setting.
- Look through the Viewfinder and compose your photo.
- Press the Shutter Release Button to take a photo. Once you have pressed the Shutter Release Button, the film will be automatically ejected.
- Now wait for the photo to develop in your hands!