All the way from the eye-catching design down to the very smallest detail, the technical features of the New Petzval 58 have been fine-tuned to provide an incredible photographic experience.
The New Petzval 58 comes available with Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, which means it’s immediately compatible with a whole host of analogue and digital cameras. You can also pair the New Petzval 58 with many other analogue and digital cameras, like the Sony Alpha for instance, by using adapters which can be purchased separately.
On APS-C format (or cropped-frame) cameras, the New Petzval 58 has an equivalent focal length close to 85mm — that’s the same focal length as the New Petzval 85 Art Lens. So whether you’re shooting with a full-frame or cropped-frame camera, you’ll be able to get great portrait, landscape and daily-life shots!
Here are specific crop factors of various cameras when combined with the New Petzval 58:
(such as Canon non full-frame digital SLR cameras, Fuji X-Pro 1 and some Sony NEX cameras)
You will have a crop factor of 1.5 or 1.6. An equivalent focal length of New Petzval 58 will be between 87mm and 93mm.
You will have a crop factor of 2. The equivalent focal length to the New Petzval 58 will be 116mm.
Please also refer to the visual explanation below for an estimate on how your shots will be cropped on various sensors.
- Focal Length: 58mm
- Aperture: Waterhouse aperture stops, f/1.9, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16
- Image Circle: 44mm
- Field of View: 41 degrees
- Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF or Nikon F
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.6m
- Focusing Mechanism: Gear rack focusing
- Lens Construction: 4 Elements in 3 Groups
- Bokeh Control Levels: 1 (minimum swirl) to 7 (maximum swirl)
- Electronic Contacts: no
- Focusing Mechanism – Gear Rack Focusing